We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Harrison’s Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine PDF 3rd Edition.
Featuring a superb compilation of chapters related to pulmonary and critical care topics derived from Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, Nineteenth Edition (including content from the acclaimed Harrison’s DVD, now available here in print), this concise, full-color clinical companion delivers the latest knowledge in the field backed by the scientific rigor and authority that have defined Harrison’s.
You will find 45 chapters from more than 70 renowned editors and contributors in a carry-anywhere presentation that is ideal for the classroom, clinic, ward, or exam/certification preparation.
Features of Harrison’s Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Logically divided into five sections that reflect the scope of pulmonary and critical care medicine: Diagnosis of Respiratory Disorders, Diseases of the Respiratory System, General Approach to the Critically Ill Patient, Common Illnesses and Syndromes, and Disorders Complicating Critical Illnesses and Their Management.
- Integration of pathophysiology with clinical management.
- High-yield board review questions make this text ideal for keeping current or preparing for the boards.
- Valuable appendix of laboratory values of clinical importance.
Table of Contents.
Section I: Diagnosis of Respiratory Disorders.
- Approach to the Patient with Disease of the Respiratory System.
- Cough and Hemoptysis.
- Hypoxia and Cyanosis.
- Disturbances of Respiratory Function.
- Diagnostic Procedures in Respiratory Disease.
- Atlas of Chest Imaging.
Section II: Diseases Of The Respiratory System.
- Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis and Pulmonary Infiltrate with Eosinophilia.
- Occupational and Environmental Lung Disease.
- Common Viral Respiratory Infections.
- Pneumocystis Infections.
- Cystic Fibrosis.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
- Interstitial Lung Diseases.
- Deep Venous Thrombosis and Pulmonary Thromboembolism.
- Disorders of the Pleura.
- Disorders of the Mediastinum.
- Disorders of Ventilation.
- Sleep Apnea.
- Lung Transplantation.
- Neoplasms of the Lung.
Section III: General Approach to the Critically Ill Patient.
- Approach to the Patient with Critical Illness.
- Mechanical Ventilatory Support.
- Approach to the Patient with Shock.
Section IV: Common Critical Illnesses and Syndromes.
- Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock.
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome.
- Cardiogenic Shock and Pulmonary Edema.
- Cardiovascular Collapse, Cardiac Arrest, and Sudden Cardiac Death.
- Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome (Non-ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction and Unstable Angina).
- ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction.
- Neurologic Critical Care, Including Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy, and Subarachnoid Hemorrhage.
Section V: Disorders Complicating Critical Illnesses and Their Management.
- Dialysis in the Treatment of Renal Failure.
- Fluid and Electrolyte Disturbances.
- Acidosis and Alkalosis.
- Coagulation Disorders.
- Treatment and Prophylaxis of Bacterial Infections.
- Antiviral Chemotherapy, Excluding Antiretroviral Drugs.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Fungal Infections.
- Oncologic Emergencies.
Harrison’s Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine PDF Download.
You can download Harrison’s Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.