We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Handbook of Signs & Symptoms PDF 5th Edition.
The newly updated Handbook of Signs & Symptoms, 5e proves it is still the must-have clinical nursing tool for improving patient safety, by increasing assessment accuracy.
Quick-scan entries from A to Z offer the on-the-spot answers you need for more than 500 signs and symptoms, covering definitions, causes, patient history, exams, diagnostics, and interventions.
Features of Handbook of Signs & Symptoms
- Signs and symptoms related to emerging diseases and disorders, including avian influenza, respiratory syncytial virus, Kawasaki disease, and the current epidemic metabolic syndrome.
- An appendix provides definitions and common causes of 250 less-familiar or nonspecific signs and symptoms.
- Techniques for evoking patient responses.
- Pediatric, psychiatric, and nail and tongue signs.
- Focus on obtaining the health history needed for comprehensive, reliable documentation.
- Quick-reference A to Z format arms you with assessment guidance for 530 signs and symptoms.
- Convenient carry-it-with-you [or keep-it-handy] size.
- Up-to-date methods for determining each sign or symptom’s identity, cause, and nursing implications.
Description of sign or symptom is followed by:
- History and physical examination – Guidelines for detailed history and exam: what to ask, what to examine, and how.
- Emergency interventions – Life-, limb-, and organ-threatening signs and symptoms, with recommended nursing interventions.
- Medical causes – Differential diagnosis: common causative diseases and disorders related to each sign and symptom, and subtle indicators that keep assessments on track.
- Other causes – Medications and herbal remedies associated with each complaint o Special considerations – Patient positioning to ease comfort; preparation for diagnostic testing; reducing anxiety; signs of complications.
- Patient counseling – Patient teaching for comfort and safety; explaining causes, treatment, and possible outcomes; providing support referrals.
- Pediatric pointers, Geriatric pointers, and Gender cues – Age and gender issues affecting sign and symptom presentation, detection, and interpretation.
- Charts help differentiate among a sign or symptom’s multiple causes, and differences among similar signs and symptoms.
- Tables on signs and symptoms relating to bioterrorism agents and herbal remedies.
Handbook of Signs & Symptoms PDF Download.
You can download the Handbook of Signs & Symptoms PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.