We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Medical Microbiology And Infection At A Glance PDF 4th Edition.
This concise and popular introduction to medical microbiology and infection encapsulates the fundamental facts and principles of this rapidly growing and changing subject area.
Written by experienced clinicians and teachers, it covers the basic concepts of medical microbiology, and the main human pathogens and infectious syndromes, in an accessible and lucid format.
Features of Medical Microbiology And Infection At A Glance.
- This fully updated fourth edition is now supported by a companion website at www.ataglanceseries.com/medicalmicrobiology containing extra self-assessment cases, color slides, further reading, and key point summaries.
- Medical Microbiology and Infection at a Glance is an invaluable revision aid for medical and allied health students and junior doctors and is ideal for anyone seeking a comprehensive and concise guide to this subject area.
Table of Contents.
- Chapter 1: Structure and classification of bacteria,
- Chapter 2: Innate immunity and normal flora,
- Chapter 3: Pathogenicity and pathogenesis of the infectious disease,
- Chapter 4: The laboratory investigation of infection,
- Chapter 5: Antibacterial therapy,
- Chapter 6: Antibiotics in clinical use,
- Chapter 7: Resistance to antibacterial agents,
- Chapter 8: Sources and transmission of infection
- Chapter 9: Principles of infection control,
- Chapter 10: Infection in the hospital environment,
- Chapter 11: Immunisation,
- Chapter 12: Emerging infections, Bacteriology
- Chapter 13: Staphylococcus,
- Chapter 14: Streptococcal infections,
- Chapter 15: Streptococcus pneumoniae, other Gram-positive cocci, and the a-haemolytic streptococci,
- Chapter 16: Listeria, Bacillus Corynebacterium, and environmental mycobacteria
- Chapter 17: Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis
- Chapter 18: Pathogenic mycobacteria,
- Chapter 19: Clostridium,
- Chapter 20: Non-sporting anaerobic infections,
- Chapter 21: Neisseria, and Moraxella,
- Chapter 22: Small Gram-negative coccobacilli: Haemophilus, Brucella, Francisella, Yersinia, and Bartonella,
- Chapter 23: Pathogenicity of enteric Gram-negative bacteria,
- Chapter 24: Enterobacteriaceae clinical syndromes,
- Chapter 25: Vibrio, Campylobacter and Helicobacter,
- Chapter 26: Environmental pathogens: Pseudomonas, Burkholderia, and Legionella,
- Chapter 27: Chlamydia, Mycoplasma and Rickettsia,
- Chapter 28: Spiral bacteria, Virology
- Chapter 29: Virus structure, classification, and antiviral therapy,
- Chapter 30: Herpesviruses I,
- Chapter 31: Herpesviruses II,
- Chapter 32: DNA viruses: adenovirus, parvovirus, and poxvirus,
- Chapter 33: Measles, mumps and rubella,
- Chapter 34: Influenza viruses,
- Chapter 35: Parainfluenza and other respiratory viruses
- Chapter 36: Enterovirus and viruses infecting the gastrointestinal tract,
- Chapter 37: Hepatitis viruses,
- Chapter 38: Tropical, exotic or arbovirus infections, Mycology
- Chapter 39: Yeast infections,
- Chapter 40: Filamentous fungi, Parasitology
- Chapter 41: Intestinal protozoa,
- Chapter 42: Malaria, leishmaniasis, and trypanosomiasis,
- Chapter 43: Gut helminths,
- Chapter 44: Tissue helminths, Systemic infection
- Chapter 45: Congenital and perinatal infections,
- Chapter 46: HIV infection and AIDS,
- Chapter 47: Pyrexia of unknown origin and septicemia,
- Chapter 48: Endocarditis, myocarditis, and pericarditis,
- Chapter 49: Infections of the central nervous system,
- Chapter 50: Respiratory tract infections,
- Chapter 51: Urinary and genital infections,
- Chapter 52: Infections of the bones and joints,
- Chapter 53: Bacterial diarrhoeal disease,
- Chapter 54: Zoonoses,
- Chapter 55: Infections in immunocompromised patients,
- Chapter 56: Ocular infections,
- Chapter 57: Infections of the skin and soft tissue.
Medical Microbiology And Infection At A Glance PDF Download.
You can download Medical Microbiology And Infection At A Glance PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.
Medicos Ideas work in the way you do, Smarty. While you are downloading PDFs straight on your device, we want you to grab one more great book and to see you become a better Ebooks Manager. And If you like our work kindly do support us.
Download The Best Standard Book of Microbiology