We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Fundamentals of Psychopharmacology 3rd Edition PDF by Brian E. Leonard.
Treatment with drugs is fundamental to modern therapy of psychiatric disorders. The number of disorders responsive to drug treatment is increasing, reflecting the extensive synthesis of novel compounds and the greater understanding of the etiology of the disorders. This third edition provides new and updated material, including an additional chapter on clinical trials and their importance in assessing the efficacy and safety of psychotropic drugs. As molecular biology and imaging techniques are of increasing importance to basic and clinical neuroscience, these areas have also been extended to illustrate their relevance to our understanding of psychopharmacology.
This book is essential reading for undergraduates in pharmacology and the neurosciences, postgraduate neuropharmacologists, psychiatrists in training, and in practice and medical researchers.
Features of Fundamentals of Psychopharmacology 3rd Edition.
- Gives the basic neuroscientist and psychiatrist an overview of psychopharmacology.
- Provides an update on the expanding field of psychotropic research.
- Very successful first and second editions.
- Written by a highly reputable author.
Table Of Content.
- Functional Neuroanatomy of the Brain.
- Basic Aspects of Neurotransmitter Function.
- Pharmacokinetic Aspects of Psychopharmacology.
- Clinical Trials and Their Importance in Assessing the Efficacy and Safety of Psychotropic Drugs.
- Molecular Genetics and Psychopharmacology.
- Psychotropic Drugs that Modify the Serotonergic Systems.
- Drug Treatment of Depression.
- Drug Treatment of Mania.
- Anxiolytics and the Treatment of Anxiety Disorders.
- Drug Treatment of Insomnia.
- Drug Treatment of Schizophrenia and the Psychoses.
- Drug Treatment of the Epilepsies.
- Drug Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease.
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Stroke: Possible Biochemical Causes and Treatment Strategies.
- Psychopharmacology of Drugs of Abuse.
- Pediatric Psychopharmacology.
- Geriatric Psychopharmacology.
- The Inter-relationship Between Psychopharmacology and Psychoneuroimmunology.
- Endocoids and Their Importance in Psychopharmacology.
Appendix 1: Some Important Psychotropic Drug Interactions.
Appendix 2: Glossary of Some Common Terms Used in Psychopharmacology.
Appendix 3: Generic and Proprietary Names of Some Common Psychotropic Drugs.
Appendix 4: Key References for Further Reading.
Fundamentals of Psychopharmacology PDF Download.
You can download the Fundamentals of Psychopharmacology PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.
Medicos Ideas work in the way you do, Smarty. While you are downloading PDFs straight on your device, we want you to grab one more great book and to see you become a better Ebooks Manager. And If you like our work kindly do support us.
Download The Best Standard Book of Pharmacology