We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Fundamentals of Hand Therapy 2nd Edition Clinical Reasoning and Treatment Guidelines for Common Diagnoses of the Upper Extremity PDF by Cynthia Cooper.
Perfect for hand therapy specialists, hand therapy students, and any other professional who encounters clients with upper extremity issues, Fundamentals of Hand Therapy, 2nd Edition contains everything you need to make sound therapy decisions. Coverage includes hand anatomy, the evaluation process, and diagnosis-specific information. Expert tips, treatment guidelines, and case studies round out this comprehensive text designed to help you think critically about each client’s individual needs.
Overall, a very clear readable style is adopted throughout, with theory supported by various anecdotal case studies. Excellent use is made of illustrations, and many chapters contain the helpful addition of ‘clinical pearls’ or ‘tips from the field’, which are an attempt to make transparent the links between theory and practice. In conclusion, this is an excellent core text for reference purposes.
Features of Fundamentals of Hand Therapy 2nd Edition.
- Clinical Pearls and Precautions highlight relevant information learned by the experienced author and contributors that you can apply to clinical practice.
- Case examples included in the diagnoses chapters in Part Three demonstrate the use of clinical reasoning and a humanistic approach in treating the client.
- Diagnosis-specific information in the final section of the book is well-organized to give you quick access to the information you need.
- Special features sections such as Questions to Discuss with the Physician, What to Say to Clients, Tips from the Field, and more help readers find their own clinical voices.
- Online sample exercises give you a pool to pull from during professional practice.
Table Of Content.
Part One: Fundamentals.
- Fundamentals: Hand Therapy Concepts and Treatment Techniques
- Functional Anatomy
- Edema Reduction Techniques: A Biologic Rationale for Selection
- Tissue-Specific Exercises for the Upper Extremity
- Evaluation of the Hand and Upper Extremity
- Clinical Reasoning and Problem Solving to Prevent Pitfalls in Hand Injuries
- Orthotics: Essential Concepts
- Assessment of Functional Outcomes
- Hand Coordination
- Roles of Therapy Assistants in Hand Therapy
- Some Thoughts on Professionalism
Part Two: Pain and Integrative Strategies.
- Perspectives on Pain
- Fundamentals of Client-Therapist Rapport
- How Hand Therapists’ Words Affect the Therapeutic Relationship
- Clients with Functional Somatic Syndromes or Challenging Behavior
- Narratives in Hand Therapy
- Personality Type and Patient Education in Hand Therapy
- Using Dance in Hand Therapy
- Applying Pilates Concepts to Hand Therapy
- Yoga Therapeutics: A Biopsychosocial Approach.
Part Three: Clinical Reasoning and Treatment Guidelines for Common Diagnoses of the Upper Extremity.
- Wound Care
- Shoulder Diagnoses
- Elbow Diagnoses
- Peripheral Nerve Problems
- Wrist Fractures
- Wrist Instabilities
- Hand Fractures
- Elbow, Wrist, and Hand Tendinopathies
- Finger Sprains and Deformities
- Flexor Tendon Injury
- Extensor Tendon Injury
- Tendon Transfers
- Ganglions and Tumors of the Hand and Wrist
- Traumatic Hand Injury Involving Multiple Structures
- Preventing and Treating Stiffness
- Dupuytren’s Disease
- The Neurological Hand
- Hand Therapy for Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy
Fundamentals of Hand Therapy 2nd Edition PDF Download.
You can download Fundamentals of Hand Therapy 2nd Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.