We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Fuhrman and Zimmerman’s Pediatric Critical Care 6th Edition PDF.
In the highly specialized field of caring for children in the PICU, Fuhrman and Zimmerman’s Pediatric Critical Care is the definitive reference for all members of the pediatric intensive care team. Drs. Jerry J. Zimmerman and Alexandre T. Rotta, along with an expert team of editors and contributors from around the world, have carefully updated the 6th Edition of this highly regarded text to bring you the most authoritative and useful information on today’s pediatric critical care—everything from basic science to clinical applications.
Features of Fuhrman and Zimmerman’s Pediatric Critical Care 6th Edition.
- Contains highly readable, concise chapters with hundreds of useful photos, diagrams, algorithms, and clinical pearls.
- Uses a clear, logical, organ-system approach that allows you to focus on the development, function, and treatment of a wide range of disease entities.
- Features more international authors and expanded coverage of global topics including pandemics, sepsis treatment in underserved communities, specific global health concerns by region.
- It covers current trends in sepsis-related mortality and acute care after sepsis, as well as new device applications for pediatric patients.
Table of Contents.
I. Pediatric Critical Care: The Discipline.
- History of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine.
- High-Reliability Pediatric Intensive Care Unit: Role of Intensivist and Team in Obtaining Optimal Outcomes.
- Critical Communications in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
- Professionalism in Pediatric Critical Care.
- Leading and Managing Change in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
- The Evolution of Critical Care Nursing.
- Fostering a Learning Health Care Environment in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
- Challenges for Pediatric Critical Care in Resource-Poor Settings.
- Public Health Emergencies and Emergency Mass Critical Care.
- Lifelong Learning in Pediatric Critical Care.
II. Pediatric Critical Care: Tools and Procedures.
- 11. Essential Concepts in Clinical Trial Design and Statistical Analysis.
- 12. Prediction Tools for Short-Term Outcomes Following Critical Illness in Children.
- 13. Pediatric Transport.
- 14. Pediatric Vascular Access and Centeses.
- 15. Ultrasonography in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
III. Pediatric Critical Care: Psychosocial and Societal.
- Patient- and Family-Centered Care in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
- Pediatric Critical Care Ethics.
- Ethical Issues Around Death and Dying.
- Palliative Care in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
- Organ Donation Process and Management of the Organ Donor.
- Long-Term Outcomes following Critical Illness in Children.
- Burnout and Resiliency.
IV. Pediatric Critical Care: Cardiovascular.
- Structure and Function of the Heart.
- Regional and Peripheral Circulation.
- Endothelium and Endotheliopathy.
- Principles of Invasive Cardiovascular Monitoring.
- Assessment of Cardiovascular Function.
- Cardiac Failure and Ventricular Assist Devices.
- Echocardiographic Imaging.
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Cardiac Catheterization.
- Pharmacology of the Cardiovascular System.
- Cardiopulmonary Interactions.
- Disorders of Cardiac Rhythm.
- Shock States.
- Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Bypass.
- Critical Care After Surgery For Congenital Heart Disease.
- Pediatric Cardiac Transplantation.
- Physiologic Foundations of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- Performance of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation in Infants and Children.
V. Pediatric Critical Care: Pulmonary.
- Structure and Development of the Upper Respiratory System.
- Structure and Development of the Lower Respiratory System.
- Physiology of the Respiratory System.
- Noninvasive Respiratory Monitoring and Assessment of Gas Exchange.
- Overview of Breathing Failure.
- Ventilation/Perfusion Inequality.
- Mechanical Dysfunction of the Respiratory System.
- Diseases of the Upper Respiratory Tract.
- Pediatric Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome and Ventilator-Associated Lung Injury.
- Acute Viral Bronchiolitis.
- Neonatal Pulmonary Disease.
- Pneumonitis and Interstitial Disease.
- Diseases of the Pulmonary Circulation.
- Mechanical Ventilation and Respiratory Care.
- Noninvasive Ventilation in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
- Extracorporeal Life Support.
- Pediatric Lung Transplantation.
VI. Pediatric Critical Care: Neurological.
- Structure, Function, and Development of the Nervous System.
- Critical Care Considerations for Common Neurosurgical Conditions.
- Neurological Assessment and Monitoring.
- Coma and Depressed Sensorium.
- Intracranial Hypertension and Monitoring.
- Status Epilepticus.
- Anoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy.
- Pediatric Stroke and Intracerebral Hemorrhage.
- Central Nervous System Infections and Related Conditions.
- Acute Neuromuscular Disease and Disorders.
- Acute Rehabilitation and Early Mobility in the Pediatric ICU.
VII. Pediatric Critical Care: Renal.
- Renal Structure and Function.
- Fluid and Electrolyte Issues in Pediatric Critical Illness.
- Acid-Base Balance in Critical Illness.
- Tests of Kidney Function in Children.
- Glomerular Tubular Dysfunction and AKI.
- Pediatric Renal Replacement Therapy in the Intensive Care Unit.
- Pediatric Renal Transplantation.
- Renal Pharmacology.
- Hypertensive Urgencies and Emergencies.
VIII. Pediatric Critical Care: Metabolic and Endocrine.
- Cellular Respiration.
- Biology of the Stress Response.
- Inborn Errors of Metabolism.
- Genetic Variation in Health and Disease.
- Molecular Mechanisms of Cellular Injury.
- Endocrine Emergencies.
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis.
IX. Pediatric Critical Care: Hematology and Oncology.
- Structure and Function of the Hematopoietic Organs.
- The Erythron.
- Coagulation and Coagulopathy.
- Thrombosis in Pediatric Critical Care.
- Transfusion Medicine.
- Hematology and Oncology Problems.
- Critical Illness in Children Undergoing Hematopoietic Progenitor Cell Transplantation.
X. Pediatric Critical Care: Gastroenterology and Nutrition.
- Gastrointestinal Structure and Function.
- Disorders of the Gastrointestinal System.
- Acute Liver Failure.
- Hepatic Transplantation.
- Acute Abdomen.
- Nutrition of the Critically Ill Child.
XI. Pediatric Critical Care: Immunity and Infection.
- Innate Immunity.
- Adaptive Immunity.
- Critical Illness and the Microbiome.
- Congenital Immunodeficiency.
- Acquired Immune Dysfunction.
- Immune Balance in Critical Illness.
- Pediatric Rheumatic Disease.
- Bacterial and Fungal Infections
- Life-Threatening Viral Diseases and Their Treatment.
- Healthcare-Associated Infections.
- Pediatric Sepsis.
- Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome.
XII. Pediatric Critical Care: Environmental Injury and Trauma.
- Bites and Stings.
- Hyperthermic Injury.
- Hypothermic Injury.
- Burn and Inhalation Injury.
- Evaluation, Stabilization, and Initial Management after Trauma.
- Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Pediatric Thoracic Trauma.
- Pediatric Abdominal Trauma.
- Child Abuse.
XIII. Pediatric Critical Care: Pharmacology and Toxicology.
- 122. Principles of Drug Disposition.
- 123. Molecular Mechanisms of Drug Action.
- 124. Adverse Drug Reactions and Drug-Drug Interactions.
- 125. Principles of Toxin Assessment and Screening.
- 126. Toxidromes and Their Treatment.
XIV. Pediatric Critical Care: Anesthesia Principles in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
- Airway Management.
- Anesthesia Effects on Organ Systems.
- Anesthesia Principles and Operating Room Anesthesia Regimens.
- Malignant Hyperthermia.
- Neuromuscular Blocking Agents.
- Sedation and Analgesia.
- Tolerance, Dependency, and Withdrawal.
- Procedural Sedation for the Pediatric Intensivist.
XV. Pediatric Critical Care: Board Review Questions.
- Board Review Questions.
Fuhrman and Zimmerman’s Pediatric Critical Care PDF Download.
You can download the Fuhrman and Zimmerman’s Pediatric Critical Care 6th Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.