We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Forensic DNA Typing Protocols PDF 2nd Edition.
This volume presents a series of protocols and methods, some of which are not widely used by researchers/practitioners, and will aid in the execution of different laboratory techniques.
Features of Forensic DNA Typing Protocols
- Forensic DNA Typing Protocols, Second Edition is arranged into a series of related chapters.
- Chapter 1-3 examines two different aspects of RNA analysis for body fluid identification.
- Chapters 4-7 focuses on the storage of biological materials and the extraction of DNA from hard tissues.
- Chapters 8-10 present methods for monitoring the quality of DNA extracts, and steps to aid in the purification of DNA.
- Chapters 11-16 talk about methods on non-standard markers, such as INDELs, Y chromosome STRs, and mitochondrial DNA.
- Detailed procedures and data analysis for phenotypes and ancestry are explored in Chapters 17-19.
- The last chapter (20) looks at the application of DNA typing to the identification of non-human material to species level.
- Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
- Practical and thorough, Forensic DNA Typing Protocols, Second Edition, is a valuable resource for forensic specialists, researchers, and anyone interested in the field of forensic science.
Table of Contents.
- Collection of Samples for DNA Analysis.
- Body Fluid Identification Using mRNA Profiling.
- mRNA Profiling for Vaginal Fluid and Menstrual Blood Identification.
- Preservation of and DNA Extraction from Muscle Tissue.
- DNA Extraction: Organic and Solid-Phase.
- Extraction of DNA from Skeletal Remains.
- Extraction of DNA from Human Skeletal Material.
- The Development and Use of Internal Amplification Controls (IACs) with DNA Profiling Kits for Forensic DNA Analysis.
- NucleoSpin® XS Columns for DNA Concentration and Clean-Up.
- Purification of PCR Products to Improve STR Profiles.
- Analysis of 30 Biallelic INDEL Markers Using the Investigator DIPplex® Kit.
- Analysis of Mitochondrial Control Region Using Sanger Sequencing.
- Whole Human Mitochondrial DNA Sequencing.
- In-Solution Hybridization for the Targeted Enrichment of the Whole Mitochondrial Genome.
- Enhanced DNA Profiling of the Semen Donor in Late Reported Sexual Assaults: Use of Y-Chromosome-Targeted Pre-amplification and Next Generation Y-STR Amplification Systems.
- Analysis of Rapidly Mutating Y Chromosome Short Tandem Repeats (RM Y-STRs).
- A Practical Guide to the HIrisPlex System: Simultaneous Prediction of Eye and Hair Color from DNA.
- Inference of Ancestry in Forensic Analysis I: Autosomal Ancestry-Informative Marker Sets.
- Inference of Ancestry in Forensic Analysis II: Analysis of Genetic Data.
- Species Determination: The Role and Use of the Cytochrome b Gene.
Forensic DNA Typing Protocols PDF Download.
You can download Forensic DNA Typing Protocols PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.