We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Essentials of Pathophysiology PDF 4th Edition by Carol Porth.
Features of Essentials of Pathophysiology.
- This clear, readable, and student-friendly text delivers “need to know” disease content, along with the essential foundation in science that nursing, physician assistant, pharmacology, advanced health science, and medical students need to succeed in their future careers.
- Approaching the topic as an exploration of pathophysiology, the book relates normal body functioning to the physiologic changes that occur as a result of disease and provides concise yet complete coverage of how the body works.
Table of Contents.
Unit 1: Cell and Tissue Function
- Chapter 1: Cell Structure and Function.
- Chapter 2: Cellular Responses to Stress, Injury, and Aging.
- Chapter 3: Inflammation, the Inflammatory Response, and Fever.
- Chapter 4: Cell Proliferation and Tissue Regeneration and Repair.
- Chapter 5: Genetic Control of Cell Function and Inheritance.
- Chapter 6: Genetic and Congenital Disorders.
- Chapter 7: Neoplasia.
Unit 2: Integrative Body Functions.
- Chapter 8: Disorders of Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance.
- Chapter 9: Stress and Adaptation.
- Chapter 10: Disorders of Nutritional Status.
Unit 3: Hematopoietic Function.
- Chapter 11: Disorders of White Blood Cells and Lymphoid Tissue.
- Chapter 12: Disorders of Hemostasis.
- Chapter 13: Disorders of Red Blood Cells.
Unit 4: Infection and Immunity.
- Chapter 14: Mechanisms of Infectious Disease.
- Chapter 15: Innate and Adaptive Immunity.
- Chapter 16: Disorders of the Immune Response.
Unit 5: Circulatory Function.
- Chapter 17: Control of Cardiovascular Function.
- Chapter 18: Disorders of Blood Flow and Blood Pressure.
- Chapter 19: Disorders of Cardiac Function.
- Chapter 20: Heart Failure and Circulatory Shock.
Unit 6: Respiratory Function.
- Chapter 21: Control of Respiratory Function.
- Chapter 22: Respiratory Tract Infections, Neoplasms, and Childhood Disorders.
- Chapter 23: Disorders of Ventilation and Gas Exchange.
Unit 7: Kidney and Urinary Tract Function.
- Chapter 24: Structure and Function of the Kidney.
- Chapter 25: Disorders of Renal Function.
- Chapter 26: Acute Kidney Injury and Chronic Kidney Disease.
- Chapter 27: Disorders of the Bladder and Lower Urinary Tract.
Unit 8: Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary Function.
- Chapter 28: Structure and Function of the Gastrointestinal System.
- Chapter 29: Disorders of Gastrointestinal Function.
- Chapter 30: Disorders of Hepatobiliary and Exocrine Pancreas Function.
Unit 9: Endocrine System.
- Chapter 31: Mechanisms of Endocrine Control.
- Chapter 32: Disorders of Endocrine Control of Growth and Metabolism.
- Chapter 33: Diabetes Mellitus and the Metabolic Syndrome.
Unit 10: Nervous System.
- Chapter 34: Organization and Control of Neural Function.
- Chapter 35: Somatosensory Function, Pain, and Headache.
- Chapter 36: Disorders of Neuromuscular Function.
- Chapter 37: Disorders of Brain Function.
- Chapter 38: Disorders of Special Sensory Function: Vision, Hearing, and Vestibular Function.
Unit 11: Genitourinary and Reproductive Function.
- Chapter 39: Disorders of the Male Genitourinary System.
- Chapter 40: Disorders of the Female Genitourinary System.
- Chapter 41: Sexually Transmitted Infections.
Unit 12: Musculoskeletal Function.
- Chapter 42: Structure and Function of the Skeletal System.
- Chapter 43: Disorders of the Skeletal System: Trauma, Infections, Neoplasms, and Childhood Disorders.
- Chapter 44: Disorders of the Skeletal System: Metabolic and Rheumatic Disorders.
Unit 13: Integumentary Function.
- Chapter 45: Structure and Function of the Integument.
- Chapter 46: Disorders of Skin Integrity and Function.
Essentials of Pathophysiology PDF Download.
You can download the Essentials of Pathophysiology PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.