We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Essential Biochemistry for Medicine PDF.
Essential Biochemistry for Medicine is not intended to be an exhaustive, comprehensive reference; rather a concise, accessible guide that will help first-year students, from a wide spectrum of backgrounds, gain a good basic understanding of the biochemistry behind common medical disorders.
It integrates biochemistry with clinical applications and the understanding of the etiology of diseases, their diagnosis, and treatment. Each chapter includes a concise and simple introduction to the relevant biochemistry and terminology to reinforce what biomedical students have covered, orientate them and encourage them to consider the medical context; whilst at the same time outlining the biochemistry in a simple, “must-know” format, for medical students before directing them to the all-important clinical considerations.
Features of Essential Biochemistry for Medicine.
- A fully integrated approach to give students a basic understanding of the biochemistry behind common medical disorders.
- Concise, accessible, and well–written with numerous clear illustrations in full color throughout.
- Uses ′FOCUS′ sections to expand on certain areas such as diabetes, HIV, and obesity.
- Includes links and quick references for those wanting a broader knowledge of each topic.
Table of Contents.
- Nutritional requirement.
- Metabolism and energy.
- Regulating body weight.
- Digestion and absorption.
- Synthesis, mobilization, and transport of lipids and lipoproteins.
- The liver.
- Alcohol metabolism and cirrhosis.
- Protein structures.
- Enzymes and diagnosis.
- The kidney.
- Bone metabolism and calcium homeostasis.
- Intracellular signaling.
- The immune response.
- Mitochondrial dysfunction.
- Nerve and muscle systems.
- The cytoskeleton.
- Genes and medicine.
- Antibacterial drug resistance.
Essential Biochemistry for Medicine PDF Download.
You can download the Essential Biochemistry for Medicine PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.