We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Emergencies In Neuro-ophthalmology: A Case-Based Approach PDF.
The management of emergent neuro-ophthalmic conditions can be a life-saving encounter for the general ophthalmologist. This book covers life-threatening scenarios that a general ophthalmologist might encounter and is designed to help the ophthalmologist make emergency triage decisions for initial evaluation and treatment of potential vision- or life-threatening conditions. This book is case-based and provides the reader with invaluable expert views of two neuro-ophthalmologists. One, Dr. Lee is an ophthalmology-based neuro-ophthalmologist and the other, Dr. Brazis is a neurology-based neuro-ophthalmologist. Dr. Mughal and Dr. Policeni collected and collated the case vignettes during their fellowship with Dr. Lee at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
Features of Emergencies In Neuro-ophthalmology: A Case-Based Approach.
- This textbook provides a concise, easy-to-read, and practical guide to the emergent evaluation of neuro-ophthalmic conditions. It is designed to be a quick read and not to be all-inclusive or comprehensive. The reader is directed to longer and more comprehensive neuro-ophthalmic texts for this information.
- It is also not the aim of the book to provide information on anatomy, pharmacology, physiology, or other basic mechanisms of disease.
- Instead, this text is meant to be a quick reference and resource for the clinician in the emergency room or in the clinic facing a potential vision- or life-threatening emergency and to provide immediate guidance for potentially “high stakes” decision making.
- The case vignettes are based upon real clinical cases but the clinical details of each case have been modified for teaching purposes and represent composite rather than individual histories.
Table Of Content.
- Acute Painful Ptosis, Complete Ophthalmoplegia with a Red Eye
- Chronic Painless, Ptosis, Complete Ophthalmoplegia with a Red Eye
- Acute Painless Homonymous Hemianopsia
- Acute Painful Homonymous Hemianopsia
- Acute Bilateral Optic Disc Edema
- Subacute Bilateral Optic Disc Edema
- Acute Homonymous Hemianopsia in Febrile Patient
- Acute Painless Isolated Sixth Nerve Palsy
- Acute Progressive Bilateral Ophthalmoplegia with Mental Status Change
- Acute Unilateral Optic Neuropathy
- Acute Pupil Spared Third Nerve Palsy
- Acute Pupil Involved Third Nerve Palsy
- Acute Proptosis with Red Eyes
- Acute Visual Loss in a Leukemia Patient
- Acute Ophthalmoplegia After Vomiting
- Acute Anisocoria
- Optic Disc Edema with a Macular Star Figure
- Acute Transient Monocular Visual Loss
- Jaw Pain and Headache in an Elderly Woman
- Acute Bitemporal Hemianopsia
- Acute Anisocoria with Neck Pain
- Acute Painful Ophthalmoplegia
Emergencies In Neuro-ophthalmology: A Case-Based Approach PDF Download.
You can download Emergencies In Neuro-ophthalmology: A Case-Based Approach PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.