We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Elsevier Pathophysiology PDF 6th Edition.
Develop a strong understanding of pathophysiology. Pathophysiology, 6th Edition explores the etiology, pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, and treatment of diseases and disorders. Each section focuses on the major alterations in the homeostasis of the body systems in order to provide you with a unifying framework.
Current scientific findings and relevant global research are integrated throughout the book, with chapters organized by body system, beginning with an illustrated review of anatomy and normal physiology. Each chapter includes a discussion on the disease processes and abnormalities that may occur, with a focus on the pathophysiologic concepts involved. Written by leading educators, this text simplifies a rigorous subject with practical learning resources, an emphasis on critical thinking, and coverage of the latest scientific findings and relevant research. Plus, more than 1,000 updated, full-color illustrations and photos throughout, give you a chance to visualize disease and disease processes and gain a clearer understanding of the material.
Features of Pathophysiology.
- The easy-to-read style is simplified by input from readability experts and includes many tables, boxes, and figures to highlight key content.
- Student-friendly learning resources in the text include chapter outlines, bolded key terms, key questions, Key Points boxes, and chapter summaries.
- Pediatric and Geriatric Considerations boxes include brief analyses of age-related changes associated with specific body systems.
Table of Contents.
Unit I: Pathophysiologic Processes.
- Introduction to Pathophysiology.
- Homeostasis and Adaptive Responses to Stressors.
Unit II: Cellular Function.
- Cell Structure and Function.
- Cell Injury, Aging, and Death.
- Genome Structure, Regulation, and Tissue Differentiation.
- Genetic and Developmental Disorders.
Unit III: Defense.
- Infectious Processes.
- Inflammation and Immunity.
- Alterations in Immune Function.
- Malignant Disorders of White Blood Cells.
- HIV Disease and AIDS.
Unit IV: Oxygen Transport, Blood Coagulation, Blood Flow, and Blood Pressure.
- Alterations in Oxygen Transport.
- Alterations in Homeostasis and Blood Coagulation.
- Alterations in Blood Flow.
- Alterations in Blood Pressure.
Unit V: Cardiac Function.
- Cardiac Function.
- Alterations in Cardiac Function.
- Heart Failure and Dysrhythmias: Common Sequelae of Cardiac Diseases.
Unit VI: Respiratory Function.
- Respiratory Function and Alterations in Gas Exchange.
- Obstructive Pulmonary Disorders.
- Restrictive Pulmonary Disorders.
Unit VII: Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Homeostasis.
- Fluid and Electrolyte Homeostasis and Imbalances.
- Acid-Base Homeostasis and Imbalances.
Unit VIII: Renal and Bladder Function.
- Renal Function.
- Intrarenal Disorders.
- Acute Kidney Injury and Chronic Kidney Disease.
- Disorders of the Lower Urinary Tract.
Unit IX: Genital and Reproductive Function.
- Male Genital and Reproductive Function.
- Alterations in Male Genital and Reproductive Function.
- Female Genital and Reproductive Function.
- Alterations in Female Genital and Reproductive Function.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections.
Unit X: Gastrointestinal Function.
- Gastrointestinal Function.
- Gastrointestinal Disorders.
- Alterations in Function of the Gallbladder and Exocrine Pancreas.
- Liver Diseases.
Unit XI: Endocrine Function, Metabolism, and Nutrition.
- Endocrine Physiology and Mechanisms of Hypothalamic-Pituitary Regulation.
- Disorders of Endocrine Function.
- Diabetes Mellitus.
- Alterations in Metabolism and Nutrition.
Unit XII: Neural Function.
- Structure and Function of the Nervous System.
- Acute Disorders of Brain Function.
- Chronic Disorders of Neurologic Function.
- Alterations in Special Sensory Function.
Unit XIII: Neuropsychological Function.
- Neurobiology of Psychotic Illnesses.
- Neurobiology of Nonpsychotic Illnesses.
Unit XIV: Musculoskeletal Support and Movement.
- Structure and Function of the Musculoskeletal System.
- Alterations in Musculoskeletal Function: Trauma, Infection, and Disease.
- Alterations in Musculoskeletal Function: Rheumatic Disorders.
Unit XV: Integumentary System.
- Alterations in the Integumentary System.
- Burn Injuries.
Pathophysiology PDF Download.
You can download the Pathophysiology PDF from the links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.