We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology PDF 6th Edition by Connie R. Mahon; Donald C Lehman.
Learn to develop the problem-solving skills necessary for success in the clinical setting! The Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology, 6th Edition uses a reader-friendly “building-block” approach to the essentials of diagnostic microbiology. This updated edition has new content on viruses like Zika, an expanded molecular chapter, and the latest information on prevention, treatment modalities, and CDC guidelines. Updated photos offer clear examples of automated lab instruments, while case studies, review questions, and learning objectives present information in an easy-to-understand, accessible manner for students at every level.
Features of Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology 6th Edition.
- A building-block approach encourages you to use previously learned information to sharpen critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Full-color design, with many full-color photomicrographs, prepares you for the reality of diagnostic microbiology.
- A case study at the beginning of each chapter provides you with the opportunity to form your own questions and answers through discussion points.
- Hands-on procedures describe exactly what takes place in the micro lab, making content more practical and relevant.
- Agents of the bioterrorism chapter furnish you with the most current information about this hot topic.
- Issues to Consider boxes encourages you to analyze important points.
- Case Checks throughout each chapter tie content to case studies for improved understanding.
- Bolded key terms at the beginning of each chapter equip you with a list of the most important and relevant terms in each chapter.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter supply you with a measurable outcome to achieve by completing the material.
- Review questions for each learning objective help you think critically about the information in each chapter, enhancing your comprehension and retention of material.
- Learning assessment questions at the conclusion of each chapter allow you to evaluate how well you have mastered the material.
- Points to Remember sections at the end of each chapter identify key concepts in a quick-reference, bulleted format.
- An editable and printable lab manual provides you with additional opportunities to learn course content using real-life scenarios with questions to reinforce concepts.
- A glossary of key terms at the end of the book supplies you with a quick reference for looking up definitions.
Table Of Content.
Part 1: Introduction to Clinical Microbiology.
- Bacterial Cell Structure, Physiology, Metabolism, and Genetics
- Host-Parasite Interaction
- The Laboratory Role in Infection Control
- Control of Microorganisms: Disinfection, Sterilization, and Microbiology Safety
- Performance Improvement in the Microbiology Laboratory
- Specimen Collection and Processing
- Microscopic Examination of Materials from Infected Sites
- Use of Colony Morphology for the Presumptive Identification of Microorganisms
- Biochemical Identification of Gram-Negative Bacteria
- Immunodiagnosis of Infectious Diseases
- Applications of Molecular Diagnostics
- Antibacterial Mechanisms of Action and Bacterial Resistance Mechanisms
- Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing
Part 2: Laboratory Identification of Significant Isolates.
- Streptococcus, Enterococcus, and Other Catalase-Negative, Gram-Positive Cocci
- Aerobic Gram-Positive Bacilli
- Neisseria Species and Moraxella catarrhalis
- Haemophilus, HACEK, Legionella and Other Fastidious Gram-Negative Bacilli
- Vibrio, Aeromonas, and Campylobacter Species
- Nonfermenting and Miscellaneous Gram-Negative Bacilli
- Anaerobes of Clinical Importance
- The Spirochetes
- Chlamydia, Rickettsia, and Similar Organisms
- Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Nontuberculous Mycobacteria
- Medically Significant Fungi
- Diagnostic Parasitology
- Clinical Virology
- Agents of Bioterror and Forensic Microbiology
- Biofilms: Architects of Disease
Part 3: Laboratory Diagnosis of Infectious Diseases: an Organ System Approach to Diagnostic Microbiology
- Upper and Lower Respiratory Tract Infections
- Skin and Soft Tissue Infections
- Gastrointestinal Infections and Food Poisoning
- Infections of the Central Nervous System
- Bacteremia and Sepsis
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Genital Infections and Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Infections in Special Populations
- Zoonotic Diseases
- Ocular Infections
Appendix A: Selected Bacteriologic Culture Media
Appendix B: Selected Mycology Media, Fluids, and Stains
Appendix C: Selected Procedures
Appendix D: Answers to Learning Assessment Questions
Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology PDF Download.
You can download the Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology 6th Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.