We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of A Practical Manual of Diabetes in Pregnancy PDF 2nd Edition.
The revised and updated second edition of multidisciplinary, evidence-based clinical guidelines for the care of pregnant women with diabetes. The second edition of A Practical Manual of Diabetes in Pregnancy offers a wealth of new evidence, new material, new technologies, and the most current approaches to care.
With contributions from a team of international experts, the manual is highly accessible and comprehensive in scope. It covers topics ranging from preconception to postnatal care, details the risks associated with diabetic pregnancy, and the long-term implications for the mother and baby. The text also explores recent controversies and examines thorny political pressures.
The manual’s treatment recommendations are based on the latest research to ensure pregnant women with diabetes receive the best possible care. The text takes a multi-disciplinary approach that reflects best practices in the treatment of diabetes in pregnancy.
Features of A Practical Manual of Diabetes in Pregnancy.
- New chapters on the very latest topics of interest.
- Contributions from an international team of noted experts.
- Practical, state-of-the-art text that has been fully revised with the latest in clinical guidance.
- Easy-to-read, the accessible format in two-color text design.
- Illustrative case histories, practice points, and summary boxes, future directions, as well as pitfalls and what to avoid boxes.
- Multiple-choice questions with answers in each chapter.
- Comprehensive and practical, the text is ideal for use in clinical settings for reference by all members of the multi-disciplinary team who care for pregnant women with diabetes.
- The manual is also designed for learning and review purposes by trainees in endocrinology, diabetes, and obstetrics.
Table of Contents.
Section I: Introduction.
- CHAPTER 1: Epidemiology of Diabetes in Pregnancy.
- CHAPTER 2: Pathophysiology of Diabetes in Pregnancy.
- CHAPTER 3: The Placenta in a Diabetic Pregnancy.
Section II: Gestational Diabetes.
- CHAPTER 4: Screening for Gestational Diabetes.
- CHAPTER 5: Diagnostic Criteria for Hyperglycemia in Pregnancy.
- CHAPTER 6: Lifestyle Treatment.
- CHAPTER 7: Obesity and Diabetes in Pregnancy.
- CHAPTER 8: Metabolic Abnormalities in Gestational Diabetes.
- CHAPTER 9: Maternal Risk After the Gestational Diabetes Mellitus Pregnancy.
Section III: Diabetes Preceding Pregnancy.
- CHAPTER 10: Pre-Pregnancy Care in Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes.
- CHAPTER 11: Malformations.
- CHAPTER 12: Provision of Pregnancy Care.
- CHAPTER 13: Problems Encountered More Frequently in Women with Type 1 Diabetes.
- CHAPTER 14: Problems Encountered More Frequently in Women with Type 2 Diabetes.
- CHAPTER 15: Advances in Oral Anti-Diabetes Drugs in Pregnancy.
- CHAPTER 16: Advances in Insulin Therapy.
- CHAPTER 17: Putting Pregnant Women with Diabetes on the Pump.
- CHAPTER 18: Pregnancy, Perinatal, and Fertility Outcomes Following Bariatric Surgery.
- CHAPTER 19: Fetal Surveillance.
- CHAPTER 20: Complications in Pregnancy: Hypertension and Diabetic Nephropathy in Diabetes in Pregnancy.
- CHAPTER 21: Retinopathy in Diabetic Pregnancy.
Section IV: Delivery and Postnatal Care.
- CHAPTER 22: Delivery and Postdelivery Care: Obstetric Management of Labor, Delivery, and the Postnatal Period for Women with Type 1, Type 2, or Gestational Diabetes Mellitus.
- CHAPTER 23: Diabetic Management in Labor, Delivery, and Postdelivery.
- CHAPTER 24: Delivery and Postdelivery Care: Care of the Neonate.
- CHAPTER 25: Postpartum Contraception for Women with Diabetes.
- CHAPTER 26: Breastfeeding and Diabetes.
Section V: Implications for the Future.
- CHAPTER 27: Implications for the Mother with Diabetes.
- CHAPTER 28: Diabetes in Pregnancy: Implications for the Offspring.
- CHAPTER 29: From the Bench to the Bedside: Potential Future Therapies for Gestational Diabetes – the Enhancement of β-Cell Mass and Function During Pregnancy.
A Practical Manual of Diabetes in Pregnancy PDF Download.
You can download A Practical Manual of Diabetes in Pregnancy PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.