We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Springer Descent of the Testis PDF.
This book provides a state-of-the-art overview of all aspects of testicular descent and cryptorchidism, including the mechanisms of descent and the causes, consequences, diagnosis, and treatment of undescended testis. The advances in understanding that have been achieved over the past two decades are clearly explained, covering the latest genetic information on the causes of normal and abnormal testicular descent, the role of INSL3 in transabdominal migration, and the evidence that a neurotransmitter released from the genitofemoral nerve mediates androgenic control of inguinoscrotal descent. Exciting changes in the management of both congenital and acquired cryptorchidism, such as the widespread use of laparoscopy for impalpable testes inside the abdominal cavity, are fully described. Evidence for the benefits of orchidopexy within the first year of life is reviewed, and an individual chapter is also devoted to hormonal treatment. Throughout the book, due attention is given to ongoing controversies and divergences of opinion. This new edition of Descent of the Testis will be a timely update and valuable reference for all who are involved in research into testicular descent and management of cryptorchidism.
Features of Descent of the Testis.
- Describes current understanding of the mechanisms of normal testicular descent and cryptorchidism.
- Reviews the latest management of congenital and acquired undescended testis.
- Discusses ongoing controversies and likely future developments.
Table Of Content.
- Evolution of Descent of the Testis and Early History of Research.
- Transabdominal Migration of the Testis.
- Inguinoscrotal Descent of the Testis.
- Classification and Causes of Undescended Testes in Humans.
- Cryptorchidism and Associated Anomalies.
- The Postnatal Effects of Cryptorchidism.
- Diagnosis of Undescended Testis.
- Operative Treatment.
- Hormonal Treatment.
- Results of Treatment.
- Conclusions and Future Developments.
Descent of the Testis PDF Download.
You can download Descent of the Testis PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.