We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Death Scene Investigation Procedural Guide PDF 2nd Edition.
Those tasked with investigating death scenes come from a variety of backgrounds and varying levels of experience. Whether a homicide detective, crime scene investigator, medico-legal death investigator, coroner or medical examiner, Death Scene Investigation: Procedural Guide, Second Edition provides the investigator best-practice techniques and procedures for almost any death scene imaginable, including for deaths occurring even under the most unusual of circumstances.
This Second Edition is fully updated to include new coverage on shallow graves, human remains at crime scenes, poisonings expanded coverage of projectile weapons, videography, touch DNA, death notifications, and a newly added chapter dedicated to sexual deaths.
In addition, the book serves as an on-scene-ready reference which includes instructions on procedure including the initial notification of a death, processing the scene and body, the investigator’s role at autopsy, and analyzing the scene indicators to place evidence into context.
Features of Death Scene Investigation Procedural Guide.
- Initial response and scene evaluation.
- Death scene management including documentation, sketching, photography, videography, observations, and search procedures.
- A special death investigation matrix that walks the investigator through a decision tree to help in ambiguous deaths.
- Contains discussion of all manners of death, including accident, suicide, natural, and homicide.
- Coverage of recovery of human remains from the open field, aquatic, and buried sites including estimating the time of death.
- Wound dynamics and mechanisms of injury that cover asphyxiation, sharp and blunt force trauma, chopping injuries; handgun, rifle, and shotgun wounds, electrical injuries, and more.
- The bulleted format and spiral binding allow for easy use and reference in the field with sections that are self-contained and cross-referenced for quick searches.
- With its thorough and detailed approach, Death Scene Investigation, Second Edition will be a must-have addition to any crime scene and death investigator’s tool kit.
Table of Contents.
Section 1: Death Scene Investigation.
- Death Scene Response.
- Natural Deaths.
- Accidental Deaths.
- Suicidal Deaths.
- Homicidal Deaths.
Section 2: The Medicolegal Death Investigation.
- The Role of the Medicolegal Death Investigator.
- The Role of the Coroner.
- The Role of the Medical Examiner.
- Autopsy Protocol and the Investigator’s Role.
Section 3: Recovery of Human Remains.
- Searching for Human Remains.
- Surface Recovery of Human Remains.
- Recovery of Buried Human Remains.
- Aquatic Recovery of Human Remains.
- Post-Mortem Changes.
Section 4: Wound Dynamics and Mechanisms of Injury.
- Sharp Force Injuries.
- Blunt Force Injuries.
- Chopping Injuries.
- Firearm Injuries – Rifle and Pistol.
- Firearm Injuries – Shotgun.
- Explosive Injuries.
- Thermal Injuries.
- Electrical Injuries.
- Drug-Related Deaths.
Section 5: Special Death Investigations.
- Infant Death.
- Child Deaths.
- Child Sexual Abduction and Murder.
- Sexual Activities Resulting in Death.
- Rape and Sexual Assault Resulting in Death.
- Multiple Victim Death Scenes.
Section 6: Death Scene Management, Tasks, and Responsibilities.
- Death Scene Management.
- Death Scene Sketching.
- Death Scene Photography.
- Death Scene Videography.
- Death Scene Notes and Observation.
Section 7: Death Scene Evidence Processing.
- Documenting and Processing Bloodstain Patterns at the Scene.
- Documenting and Processing the Shooting Scene.
- Documenting and Processing the Post Blast Scene.
- Entomological Evidence.
- Biological Evidence.
- Trace Evidence.
- Friction Ridge Evidence.
- Impression Evidence.
Section 8: Death Investigation Checklist.
Death Scene Investigation Procedural Guide PDF Download.
You can download Death Scene Investigation Procedural Guide PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.