We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of The Complete Guide to Prescription & Nonprescription Drugs 2018–2019 PDF.
The classic guide to all major prescription and nonprescription drugs, featuring revised, up-to-date FDA information and an A–Z list of illnesses for easy reference. Includes coverage of dosage and length of time before a drug takes effect; side effects; special precautions; interactions with other food and drugs; standards for use by different age groups; and more.
The purpose of this book is to give you information about the most widely used drugs (prescription and nonprescription). The information is derived from many authoritative sources and represents the consensus of many experts. Every effort has been made to ensure accuracy and completeness. However, because drug information is constantly changing, you should always talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.
Features of Complete Guide to Prescription & Nonprescription Drugs 2018–2019.
- The information applies to generic drugs in both the United States and Canada. Generic names do not vary in these countries, but brand names do. Each year, new drug charts are added and existing charts are updated when appropriate. For the most part, drugs that are injected by a medical professional, used mainly in a hospital (or medical clinic), or have rare usage are not included.
- A drug cannot “cure.” It aids the body’s natural defenses to promote recovery. Likewise, a manufacturer or doctor cannot guarantee a drug will help every person. The complexity of the human body, individual responses in different people and in the same person under different circumstances, past and present health, age, and gender impact how well a drug works.
- All effective drugs produce desirable changes in the body, but can also cause undesirable adverse reactions or side effects. Before you decide whether to take a drug, you or your doctor must decide, “Will the benefits outweigh the risks?”
Table Of Content.
- Drugs and you
- Guide to drug charts
- Checklist for safer drug use
- Compliance with Doctors’ instructions
- Cough and cold medicines
- Pregnancy risk category information for drugs
- Pregnancy and taking drugs
- Buying prescription drugs online
- Guidelines for disposing of drugs
- Getting help from your pharmacist
- Cutting medicine costs
- Aging and taking medicines
- Information about substances of abuse
- Medical conditions and their commonly used drugs
- Drug charts (Alphabetized by drug generic name or drug class name)
- Generic and brand name directory
- Additional drug interactions
- Index (Generic names, brand names, and class names)
- Emergency guide for overdose victims
- Emergency guide for anaphylaxis victims.
Complete Guide to Prescription & Nonprescription Drugs 2018–2019 PDF Download.
You can download the Complete Guide to Prescription & Nonprescription Drugs 2018–2019 PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.