We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Thieme Surgery for Cochlear and Other Auditory Implants PDF.
This comprehensive, high-level surgical reference and atlas are tailored for surgeons who are undertaking training for cochlear implant procedures and implantable auditory devices and for experienced surgeons who would like to expand their knowledge, improve their skills and outcomes, and learn advanced surgical techniques.
Following the principle underlying Professor Sanna’s other successful publications, Surgery for Cochlear and Other Auditory Implants takes an integrated approach to anatomy, imaging, technology, decision making, surgical procedures described step by step, and clinical cases.
Features of Surgery for Cochlear and Other Auditory Implants.
- Improve the efficiency and outcomes of cochlear implantation and other auditory implant surgeries.
- Learn the required basic and advanced surgical techniques.
- Evaluate different surgical options and types of implants.
- Review common and uncommon variations of anatomy and malformations.
- Understand issues and surgical modifications unique to pediatric cochlear implantation, to revision surgery, and postmeningitis, otosclerosis, and NF2 cases.
- Find decision-making algorithms for difficult pathologies.
- Examine common and not so common intraoperative dilemmas and identify strategies to resolve them.
- Review preoperative assessment and set up and outcomes.
- Find out about classification systems in cochlear implant failure, malformations, otosclerosis, and post meningitis.
- Supplementing the 1200 images within the book are 15 outstanding videos available on Thieme’s MediaCenter demonstrating the implantation of the different cochlear implantation devices that are currently available and the application of brainstem implants in these situations: tumor removal, malformation (missing auditory nerve in children), and cochlear ossification.
Table of Contents.
- History of Auditory Implantation.
- Surgical Anatomy in Auditory Implantation.
- Radiology in Auditory Implantation.
- Instruments and Implants.
- Cochlear Implantation.
- Special Considerations in Pediatric Cochlear Implantation.
- Complications and Revision Surgery in Cochlear Implantation.
- Auditory Brainstem Implantation.
- Electroacoustic Stimulation.
- Subtotal Petrosectomy in Cochlear Implantation.
- Cochlear Implantation in Cochlear Ossification.
- Meningitis and Implantation.
- Auditory Implantation in Otosclerosis Patients.
- Otomastoiditis and Cochlear Implantation.
- Inner Ear Malformations and Implantation.
- Neurofibromatosis Type 2 and Auditory Implantation.
- Implantation in Skull Base and Temporal Bone Lesions.
- Bone Conduction Implants.
- Active Middle Ear Implants: Vibrant Soundbridge.
Surgery for Cochlear and Other Auditory Implants PDF Download.
You can download Surgery for Cochlear and Other Auditory Implants PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.