We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Casebook in Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Drug Dosing PDF by Henry Cohen.
A STEP-BY-STEP APPROACH TO DESIGNING ACCURATE DOSING REGIMENS. Casebook in Pharmacokinetics and Drug Dosing uses real-life cases to teach pharmacy students, pharmacists, and clinical pharmacists how to apply pharmacokinetics to formulate proper dosing regimens. In order to be as clinically relevant as possible, the book not only discusses drugs with readily available therapeutic serum levels but places equal emphasis on high-alert agents with narrow therapeutic indexes. There is a comprehensive review and discussion of each drug’s bioavailability, the volume of distribution, clearance, half-life, therapeutic drug level monitoring, drug interactions, dosing, and availability. Each chapter is enhanced by numerous patient cases with clear step-by-step answers and explanations. Calculations, equations, and dosing recommendations are provided for each case.
Features of Casebook in Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Drug Dosing.
- This casebook is designed to teach and guide the pharmacy student, pharmacist, and clinical pharmacist in dosing drugs and goes beyond agents with readily available and applied therapeutic blood levels. Each drug chapter is written by clinical pharmacists who have expertise and experience in drug dosing.
- Each chapter provides an overview of the drug’s pharmacology including mechanisms of action, indications, toxicities, and pharmacokinetics. A comprehensive review and discussion of the drug’s bioavailability, the volume of distribution, clearance, half-life, therapeutic drug level monitoring (when applicable), drug interactions, dosing, and availability are provided.
- Each chapter contains a plethora of patient cases with clear step-by-step answers and explanations. Calculations, equations, and dosing recommendations are provided for each case. Loading doses and maintenance doses using population and actual pharmacokinetics are depicted and reviewed.
- Challenging cases including drug interactions, alterations in the volume of distribution, reduced renal or hepatic function, and overweight and underweight patients are covered extensively.
- This casebook is intended for teaching, learning, and clinical practice. The casebook can be used in the classroom by faculty to teach drug dosing, by pharmacy students to practice and learn drug dosing, and by the clinical pharmacist practitioner for daily patient care needs.
- This casebook will be an invaluable resource providing the clinician with assistance in both routine and challenging drug-dosing cases.
Table Of Content.
- Chapter 1: Amiodarone and Dronedaroner
- Chapter 2: Aminoglycoside Pharmacokinetics
- Chapter 3: Continuous and Intermittent Infusion Beta-Lactam Antibiotics
- Chapter 4: Antiepileptic Drugs: Second-Generation/Newer Agents
- Chapter 5: Carbamazepine
- Chapter 6: Digoxin
- Chapter 7: Unfractionated Heparin and Low-Molecular Heparins
- Chapter 8: Colistin and Polymyxin B
- Chapter 9: Lidocaine
- Chapter 10: Lithium
- Chapter 11: Long-Acting Injectable Antipsychotics
- Chapter 12: Neuromuscular Blocking Agents
- Chapter 13: Opioids
- Chapter 14: Phenobarbital and Primidone
- Chapter 15: Phenytoin and Fosphenytoin
- Chapter 16: Extended-Spectrum Triazole Antifungals: Posaconazole and Voriconazoler
- Chapter 17: Procainamide
- Chapter 18: Quinidine
- Chapter 19: Valproic Acid
- Chapter 20: Vancomycin
- Chapter 21: Warfarin
- Chapter 22: Erythropoietin-Stimulating Agents
- Chapter 23: Direct Thrombin Inhibitors
- Chapter 24: Pharmacokinetic Considerations in Oncology.
Casebook in Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Drug Dosing PDF Download.
You can download Casebook in Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Drug Dosing PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.