We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Burton’s Microbiology for the Health Sciences, 11th Edition.
This fully updated Eleventh Edition of Burton’s Microbiology for the Health Sciences remains the only microbiology text written specifically for the Allied Health/Nursing Introductory Microbiology course as outlined by the American Society for Microbiology. Emphasizing the relevance of microbiology to a career in the health professions, the book provides the vital microbiology information students need to protect themselves and their patients from infectious diseases.
Enhanced by the expertise of a new lead author, the Eleventh Edition maintains its student-friendly approach while adding new animations and videos and up-to-date coverage of key topics. For the first time, the PrepU adaptive quizzing program proven to improve student’s course mastery is available for purchase to accompany the book.
Features of Burton’s Microbiology for the Health Sciences.
Here’s a quick overview of the important features of this book:
- An Image Bank featuring all figures and tables from the book enhances lecture and exam preparation.
- A robust Test Generator, loaded with pre-made, text-specific questions, saves time and makes creating and printing tests easy.
- Lesson Plans make teaching from the text easier.
- PowerPoint Slide speed lecture preparation.
- An Instructor’s Guide provides additional resources for every chapter.
- A chapter-by-chapter study guide helps students master key concepts.
- AdditionalSelf-Assessment Exercises for each chapter help students build confidence and gauge their progress
- Lists ofKey Terms in each chapter help students master the vocabulary of the field.
- Special “Insight,” “Increase Your Knowledge,” and “Critical thinking” sections provide additional insight, as well as fun facts on selected topics from the text.
- Student Quiz Bank- over 500 questions—gives students unlimited opportunities for practice and review.
Table Of Content.
Section I: Introduction to Microbiology
- Microbiology—The Science.
- Observing the Microbial World.
Section II Introduction to Microbes and Cellular Biology
- Cell Structure and Taxonomy
- Microbial Diversity
- Microbial Diversity
Section III Chemical and Genetic Aspects of Microorganisms
- The Biochemical Basis of Life.
- Microbial Physiology and Genetics.
Section IV Controlling the Growth of Microbes
- Controlling Microbial Growth In Vitro.
- Inhibiting the Growth of Pathogens In Vivo Using Antimicrobial Agents.
Section V Environmental and Applied Microbiology
- Microbial Ecology and Microbial Biotechnology.
- Epidemiology and Public Health.
Section VI Microbiology within Healthcare Facilities
- Chapter 12 Healthcare Epidemiology.
- Chapter 13 Diagnosing Infectious Diseases.
Section VII Pathogenesis and Host Defense Mechanisms
- Pathogenesis of Infectious Diseases.
- Nonspecific Host Defense Mechanisms.
- Specific Host Defense Mechanisms: An Introduction to Immunology.
Section VIII Major Infectious Diseases of Humans
- Overview of Human Infectious Diseases.
- Viral Infections of Humans.
- Bacterial Infections of Humans.
- Fungal Infections of Humans.
- Parasitic Infections of Humans.
Burton’s Microbiology for the Health Sciences PDF Download.
Medicos Ideas work in the way you do, Smarty. While you are downloading PDFs straight on your device, we want you to grab one more great book and to see you become a better Ebooks Manager. And If you like our work kindly do support us.
Download The Best Standard Book of Microbiology