We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Biochemistry for Dental Students PDF 3rd Edition.
This textbook describes biochemistry for dental students. This book is prepared after consulting the syllabi of dental courses of various universities.
This book consists of 31 chapters, which include subcellular organelles and cell membranes, amino acids and proteins, enzymology, carbohydrates–I, major metabolic pathways of glucose, regulation of blood glucose, minor metabolic pathways of carbohydrates, the chemistry of fats, metabolism of fatty acids, cholesterol, lipoproteins and cardiovascular diseases, amino acid metabolism, plasma proteins, tricarboxylic acid cycle and biological oxidation, heme and hemoglobin, fat-soluble vitamins, water-soluble vitamins, mineral metabolism, nutrition, detoxification, acid-base balance, biochemistry of teeth and caries, nucleotides, molecular biology techniques, laboratory techniques, and liver function test and renal function test.
Features of Biochemistry for Dental Students.
- The important points are made into bold letters so that students can grasp the subject easily. Moreover, the facts are given in point-wise (with numbers), so as to aid easy memorization.
- A question bank, given at the end of the book, contains essay questions, short notes, and viva voce type questions.
- These questions are compiled from the last 10 years’ question papers of various universities. These questions will be ideal for students for last-minute preparation for examinations.
- There are about 350 figures and 150 tables, altogether making the book more student-friendly.
- Chapter at a Glance given at the beginning of each chapter so that the reader will be able to answer questions on the following topics.
- Must-know points are highlighted in colored boxes.
- Chapter summary presented in points as “A Quick Look” at the end of each chapter for last-minute revision.
Table of Contents.
- Chapter-01 Subcellular Organelles and Cell Membranes.
- Chapter-02 Amino Acids and Proteins.
- Chapter-03 Enzymology.
- Chapter-04 Carbohydrates–I: Chemistry.
- Chapter-05 Carbohydrates–II: Major Metabolic Pathways of Glucose.
- Chapter-06 Carbohydrates–III: Regulation of Blood Glucose: Diabetes Mellitus.
- Chapter-07 Carbohydrates–IV: Minor Metabolic Pathways of Carbohydrates.
- Chapter-08 Lipids–I: Chemistry of Fats.
- Chapter-09 Lipids–II: Metabolism of Fatty Acids.
- Chapter-10 Lipids–III: Cholesterol, Lipoproteins and Cardiovascular Diseases.
- Chapter-11 Amino Acid Metabolism.
- Chapter-12 Plasma Proteins.
- Chapter-13 Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle and Biological Oxidation.
- Chapter-14 Heme and Hemoglobin.
- Chapter-15 Fat-Soluble Vitamins.
- Chapter-16 Water Soluble Vitamins.
- Chapter-17 Mineral Metabolism.
- Chapter-18 Nutrition.
- Chapter-19 Detoxification.
- Chapter-20 Acid-Base Balance.
- Chapter-21 Tissue Proteins.
- Chapter-22 Biochemistry of Teeth and Caries.
- Chapter-23 Nucleotides.
- Chapter-24 DNA, Replication.
- Chapter-25 Transcription, Translation.
- Chapter-26 Gene Expression.
- Chapter-27 Molecular Biology Techniques.
- Chapter-28 Laboratory Techniques.
- Chapter-29 AIDS, Cancer.
- Chapter-30 Liver Function Test and Renal Function Test.
- Chapter-31 Hormones.
Biochemistry for Dental Students PDF Download.
You can download Biochemistry for Dental Students PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.