We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of The Big Picture Medical Microbiology PDF by Neal Chamberlain.
Medical Microbiology: The Big Picture is a different kind of resource. With an emphasis on what you “need to know” versus “what’s nice to know,” and featuring 300 full-color illustrations, it offers a focused, streamlined overview of clinical microbiology and immunology. You’ll find a succinct, user-friendly presentation designed to make even the most complex concepts understandable in a short amount of time.
This is in a league of its own, encompassing aspects of a textbook, an atlas, and a high yield quick-reference. For medical students and residents looking for a book that emphasizes the clinical presentation and treatment of human pathogens, this is highly recommended. Overall, this is a beautifully bound workbook-style text, with high-gloss pages and well-oriented color pictures, tables, and diagrams. This is the book that will help new medical practitioners to see the forest for the trees of infectious disease.
Features of The Big Picture Medical Microbiology.
With just the right balance of information to give you the edge at exam time, Medical Microbiology: The Big Picture features:
- A “Big Picture” perspective on precisely what you need to know.
- Clinically oriented coverage of infections of the central nervous system, eyes and ears, respiratory tract, gastrointestinal tract, hematopoietic/lymphoreticular system, bone and joints, and more.
- 300 labeled and fully-explained full-color illustrations.
- Numerous summary tables and figures.
- Key concepts at the end of each chapter.
- 100 USMLE-type questions, answers, and explanations to help you prepare for the exams.
Table Of Content.
Section 1: Integument and Soft Tissues
- The Big Picture: Infections of the Integument and Soft Tissues
- Maculopapular Rashes
- Papules, Plaques, and Patches
- Vesicular, Bullous, and Purulent Lesions
- Petechial, Hemorrhagic, Ulcerative, and Necrotic Lesions
Section 2: Central Nervous System
- The Big Picture: Infections of the Central Nervous System
- Meningitis and Encephalitis
- Poliomyelitis and Tetanus
Section 3: Eyes and Ears
- The Big Picture: Infections of the Eyes and Ears
- Infections of the Eye
- Infections of the Ear
Section 4: Respiratory Tract
- The Big Picture: Infections of the Respiratory Tract
- Infections of the Upper Respiratory Tract
- Infections of the Respiratory Airways
- Infections of the Lower Respiratory Tract
Section 5: Gastrointestinal Tract and Liver
- The Big Picture: Infections of the Gastrointestinal Tract and Liver
- Infections of the Teeth, Gingivae, and Jaws
- Infections of the Mouth, Tongue, and Parotid Glands
- Infections of the Esophagus, Stomach, and Upper Duodenum
- Liver: Viral Hepatitis
- Infections of the Small Intestine
- Infections of the Large Intestine
Section 6: Hematopoietic and Lymphoreticular System
- The Big Picture: Infections of the Hematopoietic and Lymphoreticular Systems
- Phagocytic Cells
- Endothelial Cells
Section 7: Circulatory System
- The Big Picture: Infections of the Circulatory System: Sepsis and Septic Shock
Section 8: Cardiovascular System
- The Big Picture: Infections of the Cardiovascular System
- Pericarditis, Myocarditis, Endocarditis, and Rheumatic Heart Disease
Section 9: Bones and Joint
- The Big Picture: Infections of the Bones and Joints
- Osteomyelitis and Septic Arthritis
Section 10: Genitourinary Tract
- The Big Picture: Infections of the Genitourinary Tract
- Infections of the Urethra, Bladder, Kidney, and Prostate
- Vaginal Infections
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
Section 11: Questions and Discussions
- Practice Examination
- Appendix: Important Medical Microbiology Laboratory Tests
The Big Picture Medical Microbiology PDF Download.
You can download The Big Picture Medical Microbiology PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.