We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Microbiology with Diseases by Body System 5th Edition by Dr. Robert Bauman.
Dr. Robert Bauman’s Microbiology with Diseases by Body System engages students in visualizing the invisible and practicing critical thinking with real-world problems and clinical applications. Author-created Video Tutors and Disease in Depth features foster understanding and encourage students to explore microbiology. The continued focus on clinical situations prepares students for future opportunities and success in applied practice and healthcare careers.
Features of Microbiology with Diseases by Body System.
- Before You Begin questions refresh students’ chemistry and general biology knowledge from prerequisite courses and previous chapters that is necessary for success in the course. Embedded as interactives in the eText, Before You Begin questions provide wrong-answer feedback and embedded hints for just-in-time remediation that help students fill individual skill gaps. Questions can also be assigned in Mastering Microbiology
- MicroChecks provide an intuitive check-in for students to ensure mastery of the new chapter content. In Mastering, the interactive questions provide immediate feedback for just-in-time remediation, directing students to videos and animations that reinforce the concepts. These formative assessments are integrated into the eText and can be assigned in Mastering Microbiology.
- Concept Maps give students the opportunity to construct their knowledge with drag and drop activities in the eText, using key terms and higher-level Bloom’s activities in a scaffolded format. The interactive end-of-chapter activities are integrated into the eText and can be assigned in Mastering Microbiology, providing students immediate feedback with just-in-time remediation that directs them to specific content to reinforce the concepts.
- UPDATED – Chapters 5, Microbial Metabolism, explanation of ATP Production, Energy Storage and Glycolysis, and Citric Acid Cycle have been updated.
- UPDATED – Chapter 8, Recombinant DNA Technology now applies a new case study for student application, as well as new learning outcomes concerning CRISPR, uses of synthetic nucleic acids, PCR, fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH), functional genomics, Sanger sequencing, and next-generation sequencing.
- ENHANCED / ADDED – Discussion of restriction enzymes HaeIII and MspI; CRISPR-Cas; real-time PCR (RT-PCR); Sanger sequencing methods; next-generation DNA sequencing (NGS), including pyrosequencing and fluorescent methods; functional genomics; microbiomes; transcriptomics, metabolomics, biomedical animal models; heat shocking for the uptake of DNA; and successful gene therapies
Table Of Content.
- The Chemistry of Microbiology
- Cell Structure and Function
- Microscopy, Staining, and Classification
- Microbial Metabolism
- Microbial Nutrition and Growth
- Microbial Genetics
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- Controlling Microbial Growth in the Environment
- Controlling Microbial Growth in the Body: Antimicrobial Drugs
- Characterizing and Classifying Prokaryotes
- Characterizing and Classifying Eukaryotes
- Characterizing and Classifying Viruses, Viroids, and Prions
- Infection, Infectious Diseases, and Epidemiology
- Innate Immunity
- Adaptive Immunity
- Immunization and Immune Testing
- Immune Disorders
- Microbial Diseases of the Skin and Wounds
- Microbial Diseases of the nervous system and Eyes
- Microbial Cardiovascular and Systemic Diseases
- Microbial Diseases of the respiratory System
- Microbial Diseases of the Digestive System
- Microbial Diseases of the Urinary and Reproductive Systems
- Applied and Industrial Microbiology
Microbiology with Diseases by Body System PDF Download.
You can download Microbiology with Diseases by Body System 5th Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.
Medicos Ideas work in the way you do, Smarty. While you are downloading PDFs straight on your device, we want you to grab one more great book and to see you become a better Ebooks Manager. And If you like our work kindly do support us.
Download The Best Standard Book of Microbiology