We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Basic Concepts in Biochemistry: A Student’s Survival Guide PDF 2nd Edition.
Do you find biochemistry daunting? If so, this time-saving guide offers all the help you need. Compact, yet comprehensive, the second edition of BASIC CONCEPTS IN BIOCHEMISTRY breaks down the complexities of biochemistry into jargon-free, easy-to-remember steps that show you how biochemistry works.
And unline reviews that emphasize memorization of facts, this book helps you master the topics that students find most difficult, building your understanding with explanations in everyday language. You’ll comprehend the material and feel more comfortable applying it.
Along with enhanced figures, the new edition contains two new chapters – one that outlines the concepts of membranes and membrane proteins, and another that focuses on signal transduction pathways.
Features of Basic Concepts in Biochemistry.
- Building-block format, providing clear connections between easier and more difficult topics.
- Emphasis on concepts – not facts – for a handle on any problem.
- Summary boxes, diagrams, and tables that speed review and clarify key points.
Table of Contents.
- Chapter 1: Where to Start.
- Chapter 2: Protein Structure.
- Chapter 3: Membranes and Membrane Proteins.
- Chapter 4: DNA-RNA Structure.
- Chapter 5: Expression of Genetic Information.
- Chapter 6: Recombinant-DNA Methodology.
- Chapter 7: Enzyme Mechanism.
- Chapter 8: enzyme kinetics.
- Chapter 9: Signal Transduction Pathways.
- Chapter 10: Glycolysis and Gluconeogenesis.
- Chapter 11: Glycogen Synthesis and Degradation.
- Chapter 12: TCA Cycle.
- Chapter 13: Fat Synthesis and Degradation.
- Chapter 14: Electron Transport and Oxidative Phosphorylation.
- Chapter 15: Pentose Phosphate Pathway.
- Chapter 16: Amino Acid Metabolism.
- Chapter 17: Integration of Energy Metabolism.
- Chapter 18: UREA Cycle.
- Chapter 19: Purine Metabolism.
- Chapter 20: Pyrimidine Metabolism.
- Chapter 21: One-Carbon Metabolism.
- Chapter 22: Tracking Carbons.
- Chapter 23: ph, pKa, PROBLEMS.
- Chapter 24: Thermodynamics and Kinetics.
Basic Concepts in Biochemistry PDF Download
You can download Basic Concepts in Biochemistry PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.