We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Bailey & Love’s Short Practice of Surgery, 27th Edition PDF by Norman S. Williams, P. Ronan O’Connell, Andrew McCaskie.
Bailey & Love is the world-famous textbook of surgery. Its comprehensive coverage includes the scientific basis of surgical practice, investigation, diagnosis, and pre-operative care. Trauma and Orthopaedics are included, as are the subspecialties of plastic and reconstructive, head and neck, cardiothoracic and vascular, abdominal and genitourinary surgery. The user-friendly format includes photographs, line diagrams, learning objectives, summary boxes, biographical footnotes, memorable anecdotes, and full-color page design. This book’s reputation for unambiguous advice makes it the first point of reference for students and practicing surgeons worldwide.
Features of Bailey & Love’s Short Practice of Surgery.
Below are the most important features of Bailey & Love’s Short Practice of Surgery 27th Edition:
- The content structure is very user-friendly and easy to understand. It offers its reader summary boxes, tables containing high-yield surgery facts, and beautifully crafted diagrams that make study sessions productive and leveraging.
- 700+ high-definition and full-color illustrations that depict the true art of surgical practice.
- A comprehensive and up-to-date text that has undergone many revisions for taking its final shape.
- New chapters have also been included that include bariatric (a procedure to treat obesity) surgery, patient safety, and daycare surgery.
- Great effort has been made to deliver a writing style that is clear, concise, and easy to understand. You will find smaller paragraphs and a writing style that makes learning easy no matter your country of nationality.
Table Of Content.
PART 1: BASIC PRINCIPLES.
- The Science of Surgery.
- Metabolic response to injury.
- Shock and blood transfusion.
- Wounds, healing, tissue repair.
- Tissue engineering and regeneration.
- Surgical infection.
- Tropical infections and infestations.
- Basic surgical skills and anastomoses.
- Principles of laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
- Principles of pediatric surgery.
- Principles of oncology.
- Surgical audit.
- Surgical ethics and law.
- Patient safety and human factors and quality improvement.
PART 2: INVESTIGATION AND DIAGNOSIS.
- Diagnostic imaging.
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- Tissue and Molecular diagnosis.
PART 3: PERIOPERATIVE CARE.
- Pre-operative preparation and treatment of the High-Risk Surgical Patient.
- Anesthesia and pain relief.
- Nutrition and fluid therapy.
- Postoperative care.
- Day case surgery.
PART 4: TRAUMA.
- Introduction to trauma.
- Early assessment and management of trauma.
- Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Neck and spine.
- Maxillofacial trauma.
- Torso trauma.
- Extremity trauma.
- Disaster surgery.
- Conflict Surgery.
PART 5: ELECTIVE ORTHOPAEDICS.
- History taking and clinical examination in musculoskeletal disease.
- Sports medicine and sports injuries.
- The spine.
- Upper limb.
- Hip and knee.
- Foot and ankle.
- Musculoskeletal tumors.
- Infection of the bones and joints.
- Pediatric orthopedics.
PART 6: SKIN AND SUBCUTANEOUS TISSUE.
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery.
PART 7: HEAD AND NECK.
- Cranial Neurosurgery.
- The eye and orbit.
- Cleft lip and palate: developmental abnormalities of the face, mouth, and jaws.
- The ear, nose, and sinuses.
- Pharynx, larynx, and neck.
- Oral Cavity Cancer.
- Disorders of the salivary glands.
PART 8: BREAST AND ENDOCRINE.
- The thyroid glands.
- The parathyroid glands.
- The adrenal glands and other abdominal endocrine disorders.
- The breast.
PART 9: CARDIOTHORACIC.
- Cardiac surgery.
- The thorax.
PART 10: VASCULAR.
- Arterial disorders.
- Venous disorders.
- Lymphatic disorders.
PART 11: ABDOMINAL.
- History and examination of the abdomen.
- Abdominal wall, hernia and umbilicus.
- The peritoneum, omentum, mesentery, and retroperitoneal space.
- The esophagus.
- Stomach and duodenum.
- Bariatric surgery.
- The liver.
- The spleen.
- The gall bladder and bile ducts.
- The pancreas.
- The small intestines.
- The large intestines.
- Intestinal obstruction.
- The vermiform appendix.
- The rectum.
- The anus and anal canal.
PART 12: GENITOURINARY.
- Urinary symptoms and investigations.
- The kidney and ureters.
- The urinary bladder.
- The prostate and seminal vesicles.
- Urethra and penis.
- Testis and scrotum.
PART 13: TRANSPLANTATION.
Appendix 1: Common Instruments used in general surgery.
Appendix 2: Basic Aspects in Theatre Design and Sterilisation.
Bailey & Love’s Short Practice of Surgery 27th Edition PDF Download.
You can download Bailey & Love’s Short Practice of Surgery 27th Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.