We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Bacterial Physiology and Metabolism PDF.
Recent determination of genome sequences for a wide range of bacteria has made in-depth knowledge of prokaryotic metabolic function essential in order to give biochemical, physiological, and ecological meaning to the genomic information.
Clearly describing the important metabolic processes that occur in prokaryotes under different conditions and in different environments, this advanced text provides an overview of the key cellular processes that determine bacterial roles in the environment, biotechnology, and human health.
Features of Bacterial Physiology and Metabolism
- The prokaryotic structure is described as well as the means by which nutrients are transported into cells across membranes.
- Glucose metabolism through glycolysis and the TCA cycle are discussed, as well as other trophic variations found in prokaryotes, including the use of organic compounds, anaerobic fermentation, anaerobic respiratory processes, and photosynthesis.
- The regulation of metabolism through control of gene expression and control of the activity of enzymes is also covered, as well as survival mechanisms used under starvation conditions.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to bacterial physiology and metabolism.
- Composition and structure of prokaryotic cells.
- Membrane transport – nutrient uptake and protein excretion.
- Tricarboxylic acid (TCA) cycle, electron transport, and oxidative phosphorylation.
- Biosynthesis and microbial growth.
- Heterotrophic metabolism on substrates other than glucose.
- Anaerobic fermentation.
- Anaerobic respiration.
- Metabolic regulation.
- Energy, environment, and microbial survival.
Bacterial Physiology and Metabolism PDF Download
You can download the Bacterial Physiology and Metabolism PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.