We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Shargel and Yu Applied Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics 7th Edition PDF.
The publication of this seventh edition of Applied Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics represents over three decades in print. Since the introduction of classic pharmacokinetics in the first edition, the discipline has expanded and evolved greatly. The basic pharmacokinetic principles and biopharmaceutics now include pharmacogenetics, drug-receptor theories, advances in membrane transports, and functional physiology. These advances are applied to the design of new active drug moieties, the manufacture of novel drug products, and drug delivery systems. Biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics play a key role in the development of safer drug therapy in patients, allowing individualizing dosage regimens and improving therapeutic outcomes.
In planning for the seventh edition, we realized that we needed expertise in these areas. This seventh edition is our first edited textbook in which an expert with intimate knowledge and experience in the topic was selected as a contributor. We would like to acknowledge these experts for their precious time and effort. We are also grateful to our readers and colleagues for their helpful feedback and support throughout the years.
As editors of this edition, we kept the original objectives, starting with fundamentals followed by a holistic integrated approach that can be applied to practice (see scope and objectives in Preface to the first edition). This textbook provides the reader with a basic and practical understanding of the principles of biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics that can be applied to drug product development and drug therapy. Practice problems, clinical examples, frequently asked questions, and learning questions are included in each chapter to demonstrate how these concepts relate to practical situations. This textbook remains unique in teaching basic concepts that may be applied to understanding complex issues associated with in vivo drug delivery that is essential for safe and efficacious drug therapy.
Features of Applied Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics.
This edition represents many significant changes from previous editions.
- The book is an edited textbook with the collaboration of many experts well known in biopharmaceutics, drug disposition, drug delivery systems, manufacturing, clinical pharmacology, clinical trials, and regulatory science.
- Many chapters have been expanded and updated to reflect current knowledge and application of biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics. Many new topics and updates are listed in Chapter 1.
- Practical examples and questions are included to encourage students to apply the principles of inpatient care and drug consultation situations.
- Learning questions and answers appear at the end of each chapter.
- Three new chapters have been added to this edition including, Biostatistics which provides an introduction for popular topics such as risk concept, non-inferiority, and superiority concept in new drug evaluation, and Application of Pharmacokinetics in Specific Populations which discusses issues such as drug and patient-related pharmacy topics in during therapy in various patient populations, and Biopharmaceutic Aspects of the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient and Pharmaceutical Equivalence which explains the synthesis, quality and physical/chemical properties of the active pharmaceutical ingredients affect the bioavailability of the drug from the drug product and clinical efficacy.
Table Of Content.
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
- Chapter 2: Mathematical Fundamentals in Pharmacokinetics
- Chapter 3: Biostatistics
- Chapter 4: One-Compartment Open Model: Intravenous Bolus Administration
- Chapter 5: Multicompartment Models: Intravenous Bolus Administration
- Chapter 6: Intravenous Infusion
- Chapter 7: Drug Elimination, Clearance, and Renal Clearance
- Chapter 8: Pharmacokinetics of Oral Absorption
- Chapter 9: Multiple-Dosage Regimens
- Chapter 10: Nonlinear Pharmacokinetics
- Chapter 11: Physiologic Drug Distribution and Protein Binding
- Chapter 12: Drug Elimination and Hepatic Clearance
- Chapter 13: Pharmacogenetics and Drug Metabolism
- Chapter 14: Physiologic Factors Related to Drug Absorption
- Chapter 15: Biopharmaceutic Considerations in Drug Product Design and In Vitro Drug Product Performance
- Chapter 16: Drug Product Performance, In Vivo: Bioavailability and Bioequivalence
- Chapter 17: Biopharmaceutical Aspects of the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient and Pharmaceutical Equivalence
- Chapter 18: Impact of Biopharmaceutics on Drug Product Quality and Clinical Efficacy
- Chapter 19: Modified-Release Drug Products and Drug Devices
- Chapter 20: Targeted Drug Delivery Systems and Biotechnological Products
- Chapter 21: Relationship Between Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics
- Chapter 22: Application of Pharmacokinetics to Clinical Situations
- Chapter 23: Application of Pharmacokinetics to Specific Populations: Geriatric, Obese, and Pediatric Patients
- Chapter 24: Dose Adjustment in Renal and Hepatic Disease
- Chapter 25: Empirical Models, Mechanistic Models, Statistical Moments, and Noncompartmental Analysis
- Appendix A: Applications of Software Packages in Pharmacokinetics
- Appendix B: Glossary
Applied Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics PDF Download.
You can download Applied Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.