We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Ananthanarayan and Paniker’s Textbook of Microbiology 10th Edition PDF.
Ananthanaryan and Paniker’s Textbook of Microbiology- 10th edition has been developed for the undergraduate MBBS and BDS students, and for all courses dealing with Microbiology as a core or ancillary subject. The tenth edition of this classic textbook has been updated keeping in mind the MCI’s emphasis on integrated teaching underscoring the requirement for applied microbiology.
Features of Ananthanarayan and Paniker’s Textbook of Microbiology.
- New concepts in sterilization and disinfection, including plasma sterilization and practices in healthcare settings.
- Automated and updated molecular techniques as applied to microbiology.
- Salient features of the Revised National Tuberculosis Program (RNTCP), with strategies for diagnosis of MDR and XDR tuberculosis, and THE STOP TB Strategy of WHO.
- New and emerging viral infections such as SARS, MERS-CoV, influenza epidemics, the Zika virus outbreak, and the Ebola outbreak.
- NACO guidelines for HIV testing strategies for different categories of the population, and HIV exposure and source codes.
- Latest vaccines for immunization against childhood infections in India, including Rotavirus, Haemophilus influenza, and pneumococci.
- Healthcare-associated infections leading to CAUTI, VAP, HCABSI, and SSI, and strategies for prevention with pictorial representations.
- Biomedical waste management rules (2016).
- A new chapter on Principles of Laboratory Diagnosis of Infectious Diseases, explaining the workflow in a clinical microbiology laboratory.
- Quality control and accreditation of diagnostic tests performed by laboratories
- New tabular columns and flowcharts, where required, make the conceptualization of processes easy to comprehend by the undergraduate student.
Table Of Content.
There are 68 chapters in total in the book, some of which are:
- Morphology and Physiology of Bacteria
- Culture Media
- Bacterial Taxonomy
- Complement system
- Mycobacterium I: Tuberculosis
- General Properties of Viruses
- Herpes Viruses
- Arbo Viruses
- Rhabdo Viruses
- Medical Mycology
Ananthanarayan and Paniker’s Textbook of Microbiology PDF Download.
You can download Ananthanarayan and Paniker’s Textbook of Microbiology 10th Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.