We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Thieme Allergy in ENT Practice PDF 2nd Edition.
The foremost guide to diagnosing, testing, and treating all major ENT allergies by Drs. King, Mabry, Mabry, Gordon, and Marple are back in a completely updated second edition.
Combining practical management strategies with the latest advances, here is the complete how-to resource for health professionals who treat ear, nose, and throat allergies.
It covers everything from testing methods and pharmacotherapy to food allergies, allergic and non-allergic rhinitis, pediatric allergies, and sinusitis – key information for every practice.
Features of Allergy in ENT Practice.
- Walks you through basic procedures such as assessing patient history, identifying symptoms, starting immunotherapy, skin and in vitro testing, and heading off allergenic emergencies.
- Every chapter revised and updated, including key advances in immunology and pharmacotherapy, the role of fungi in chronic rhinosinusitis, and more.
- Brief capsules of pertinent information for nurses, pediatricians, primary care specialists, and ancillary personnel–written by a highly experienced otolaryngic nurse.
- Recommendations for adding allergy care to an existing ENT practice, finding qualified staff, preparing the office, and interacting with patients.
- Useful appendices covering plant cross-reactivity, pollen distribution, and allergenic foods.
- Easy to implement for both the physician and ancillary caregiver, and with valuable tips from an experienced otolaryngic nurse, here is the only text to provide a clear, step-by-step approach to the practice of otolaryngic allergy.
- It belongs within easy reach of all physicians who want to expand their practice in this rapidly growing field.
Table of Contents
- The Importance of Allergy in Clinical Practice.
- Basic, “Need-to-Know” Immunology.
- Preparation of the Office for Allergy.
- Interaction with the Patient.
- Testing Methods for Inhalant Allergy.
- Environmental Control (Avoidance).
- Pharmacotherapy of Allergic Rhinitis.
- Vial Preparation and Immunotherapy.
- Standardized Extracts.
- Blending Skin Testing and In Vitro Testing in Clinical Practice.
- Allergic Emergencies.
- Nonallergic Rhinitis.
- Food Allergy.
- Pediatric Allergy.
- Allergy and Sinus Disease.
- Allergic Fungal Sinusitis.
- What Lies Ahead?
Allergy in ENT Practice PDF Download.
You can download Allergy in ENT Practice PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.