We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of AK Khurana Comprehensive Ophthalmology 8th Edition PDF.
The comprehensive Ophthalmology concisely meant for the requirements of undergraduate medical students. This book is up-to-date complete text with recent information of eyes. To be honest the text offers more than the requirement of medical students. Illustrated text with plenty of diagrams, comprising clinical photographs and clear-line diagrams which give simple vivid knowledge.
Each chapter is comprehensively arranged with important surgical techniques that have been given in the relevant topics. As proof a handbook for undergraduate medical students. There is also table and flow charts of important topics for quick review.
Features of AK Khurana Comprehensive Ophthalmology 8th Edition.
Key features of this comprehensive book are given below;
- The seventh edition has been thoroughly revised and updated with recent advances in every section.
- Each chapter begins with a brief overview highlighting the topics covered followed by relevant applied anatomy and physiology.
- Various levels of headings, subheadings, boldface, and italics given in the text for quick revision.
- Enhanced with plenty of diagrams, clinical photographs, and line diagrams that provide vivid and lucid details.
- Operative steps of important surgical techniques have been given in the relevant chapters.
- Wherever possible, important information has been given in the form of tables and flowcharts.
- The chapter on community ophthalmology has been extensively updated in view of the changed objectives under vision 2020, National Programme for Control of Blindness and Visual Impairment in India.
- Review of Ophthalmology, a companion to the textbook which offers quick comprehension at a glance and an opportunity for self-assessment with the latest multiple-choice questions (MCQs), has been re-organized into six sections as against two sections in previous editions.
Table Of Contents:
The book is arranged into 2 units and 24 chapters. Complete chapters of this book are given below;
SECTION I: ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY, AND DISEASES OF THE EYE.
- Anatomy and Development of the Eye.
- Physiology of Eye and Vision.
- Optics and Refraction.
- Diseases of the Conjunctiva.
- Diseases of the Cornea.
- Diseases of the Sclera.
- Diseases of the Uveal Tract.
- Diseases of the Lens.
- Diseases of the Vitreous.
- Diseases of the Retina.
- Strabismus and Nystagmus.
- Diseases of the Eyelids.
- Diseases of the Lacrimal Apparatus.
- Diseases of the Orbit.
- Ocular Injuries.
- Ocular Therapeutics, Lasers, and Cryotherapy in Ophthalmology.
- Systemic Ophthalmology.
- Community Ophthalmology.
SECTION II: PRACTICAL OPHTHALMOLOGY
- Clinical Methods in Ophthalmology.
- Clinical Ophthalmic Cases.
- Darkroom Procedures.
- Ophthalmic Instruments and Operative Ophthalmology.
AK Khurana Comprehensive Ophthalmology 8th Edition PDF Download.
You can download AK Khurana Comprehensive Ophthalmology 8th Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.