We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Abrams Clinical Drug Therapy: Rationales for Nursing Practice 10th Edition PDF.
Written by expert pharmacology educators and clinicians, Abrams’ Clinical Drug Therapy has a long tradition of guiding students and instructors through the practice of safe and effective medication administration. Highly praised for its organized and readable presentation, the text explains the “why” behind each nursing action, and emphasizes individualized nursing care and drug therapy. Filled with vibrant illustrations, including new concept maps, the text provides a solid foundation for understanding clinical drug therapy, evidence-based standards for administration, and how to prevent or minimize adverse effects. Complemented with exciting free online resources, the textbook employs innovative features that guide students through the course, while also preparing for success on the NCLEX® Examination and in nursing practice.
Also included is a free copy of Lippincott’s Photo Atlas of Medication Administration, which uses the nursing process format to provide step-by-step nursing skills (with rationales). In addition to being completely illustrated, the Photo Atlas also contains documentation guidelines and samples, and Unexpected Situations, which explain how to respond to unanticipated outcomes. Topics include removing medication from an ampule, removing medication from a vial, mixing medications from two vials in one syringe, administering an intradermal injection, and more.
Features of Abrams’ Clinical Drug Therapy: Rationales for Nursing Practice.
- NEW! Re-visualized Nursing Process includes a concept map to illustrate these guidelines in place of lengthy text.
- NEW! The chapter on the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS).
- NEW! More streamlined QSEN Safely Alerts also include knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
- NEW! SBAR added to the Clinical Application Feature.
- NEW! Concept Mastery Alerts alert students to commonly misunderstood concepts as derived from our PrepU data
- Learning Objectives summarize what the student should learn while reading the chapter.
- A Clinical Application Case Study opens each chapter with a patient-focused clinical scenario.
Black Box Warnings highlight serious life-threatening adverse effects identified by the FDA.
Evidence-Based Practice boxes provide information about current research and its integration into nursing practice.
NCLEX Success sections interspersed throughout chapters help students prepare for the exam.
- Drugs at a Glance Tables summarize the routes and dosage ranges (for adults and children), as well as the pregnancy category, for each drug in the class.
- Drug Interactions and Herb and Dietary Interactions boxes highlight the risk of interactions as well as increased or decreased drug effects when drugs are combined with other medications, food, or herbal supplements.
- Patient Teaching Guidelines list specific information for the education of the patient and family.
Key terms with definitions help the reader understand chapter content.
Table Of Content.
- SECTION 1: Foundations of Drug Therapy 1
- SECTION 2: Drugs Affecting the Central Nervous System
- SECTION 3: Drugs Affecting the Autonomic Nervous System
- SECTION 4: Drugs Affecting the Endocrine System
- SECTION 5: Drugs Used to Treat Infections
- Section 6: Drugs Affecting Hematopoiesis and the Immune System
- SECTION 7: Drugs Affecting the Respiratory System
- SECTION 8: Drugs Affecting the Cardiovascular System
- SECTION 9: Drugs Affecting the Digestive System
- SECTION 10: Drugs Used in Special Conditions
Abrams’ Clinical Drug Therapy: Rationales for Nursing Practice 10th Edition PDF Download.
You can download Abrams’ Clinical Drug Therapy: Rationales for Nursing Practice 10th Edition PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.