We have shared a review and a free pdf download link (Google Drive) of Springer Abdominal Sepsis: A Multidisciplinary Approach PDF.
This book examines in detail the topic of sepsis, with a focus on intra-abdominal sepsis. Particular attention is devoted to source control in the management of the infection, antimicrobial therapy, and sepsis support, which represent the cornerstones of treating patients with this problem. The importance of a multidisciplinary approach is highlighted not only by the instructive and informative sections on the acute manifestations of appendicitis, cholecystitis, and cholangitis, perforations and diverticulitis, Clostridium difficile infection, and the role of candida in abdominal sepsis, but also by an extensive discussion of issues including antimicrobial resistance, damage control surgery, principles of antimicrobial therapy, hemodynamic support, adjunctive therapies, and thromboprophylaxis.
Abdominal sepsis is the host’s systemic inflammatory response to intra-abdominal infections. It is associated with significant morbidity and mortality rates and represents the second most common cause of sepsis-related mortality at intensive care units. Gathering contributions from authoritative experts from all around the world, this book will allow acute care surgeons, abdominal surgeons, intensive care clinicians, and students to broaden their understanding of intra-abdominal sepsis in daily clinical practice.
Features of Abdominal Sepsis: A Multidisciplinary Approach.
- Provides readers with an overview of the multidisciplinary approach needed in the management of patients with intra-abdominal sepsis.
- Includes complete instructions for the appropriate treatment of sepsis.
- The practical manual equips readers to handle complex scenarios.
Table Of Content.
- Classification and Principals of Treatment.
- Inflammatory Mediators in Intra-abdominal Sepsis.
- Intra-abdominal Sepsis and Imaging Considerations.
- High-Risk Patients and Prognostic Factors for Abdominal Sepsis.
- Acute Appendicitis: What Is the Best Strategy to Treat Acute Appendicitis (Both Complicated and
- Acute Cholecystitis.
- Acute Cholangitis.
- Pyogenic Liver Abscess.
- Gastroduodenal Perforations.
- Small Bowel Perforations.
- Acute Colonic Diverticulitis.
- Postoperative Peritonitis: Etiology, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Damage Control Surgery in Managing Abdominal Sepsis (Fausto Catena, Italy).
- Ongoing Peritonitis.
- Evolving Treatment Strategies for Severe Clostridium difficile Colitis: Defining the Therapeutic Window.
- Complicated Intra-abdominal Infections: Principles of Antimicrobial Therapy.
- Antimicrobial Armamentarium.
- Antimicrobial Resistance in Intra-abdominal Infections.
- The Role of Candida in Abdominal Sepsis.
- The Value and Interpretation of Microbiological Specimens in the Management of cIAI.
- Appropriate Antimicrobial Therapy in Critically Ill Patients.
- Hemodynamic Support.
- Adjunctive Therapies in Abdominal Sepsis.
- Impact and Management of Abdominal Compartment Syndrome in Patients with Abdominal Sepsis.
- Thromboprophylaxis in Patients with Abdominal Sepsis.
- Nutritional Support for Abdominal Sepsis.
Abdominal Sepsis: A Multidisciplinary Approach PDF Download.
You can download Abdominal Sepsis: A Multidisciplinary Approach PDF by links that are given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it.